Waxing is a method of semi-permanent hair removal which removes the hair from the root. New hairs will not grow back in the previously waxed area for two to eight weeks depending on your hair type. Almost any area of the body can be waxed, including underarms, legs, bikini line, eyebrows, upper lip and so on. Please note that there must be minimum of 3 weeks growth to achieve a smooth and successful wax.
I have been trained by the famous “J Sisters of New York”. Special pearlised wax is used on bikini line and sensitive areas. Highest standards of hygiene practised. Efficient treatments. Minimum discomfort. Smooth results guaranteed.
Pre Waxing Advice:
It is essential to shower prior to waxing. For best results, please refrain from using deodorant (for underarms), and body moisturiser (for legs and bikini).
Contra-indications to waxing:
– If you are on Roaccutane oral medication or topical cream, other acne medications, glycolic acid or skin thinning products at the time of your visit or within the last 6 months.
– If you are in contact with the natural sun, sunbed or are sunburnt in the last 24 hours.
– If you are a Diabetic or an Epileptic extra caution must be taken while waxing
– If you have certain skin conditions in the area you are getting waxed eg Psoriasis/Eczema.
– Cuts/abrasions to the area of waxing.
– Hypersensitive skin.
– A change in hormones – Menopause, pregnancy, breast feeding, going through IVF or any hormone medications – can all change the levels of skin sensitivity. It is generally safe to wax during this change but extra care is needed so you please inform me of any of the above.
Avoid the following for 24 – 48 hours:
- Hot showers, baths, saunas, steam rooms, swimming pools, natural sun or sunbeds
- Exercise, excessive perspiration or friction in the area
- Moisturiser, Shower gel, make up, deodorant, perfume and fake tan
- Tight clothing may cause friction to the area
- Do not touch or scratch the area
- Do not exfoliate the area for approx 5 days after wax